- Pre- Treatment. We used Sweet-P Pudding. This pre-treatment is a really good conditioner that you use before you wash your hair. It is a high emollient, that helps to replenish, and restore vibrancy in the hair. It aids as a protectant for when you wash the hair so that you will not lose a lot of moisture during this time. It also helps to detangle, and loosen dead scalp follicles. We sectioned her hair off in 4, and lightly sprayed each section with water and applied treatment. We allowed it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Shampooed. We would normally use Morning Joy but we wanted to do a deep clean and used Citrus Burst Clarifying Shampoo. This is a mild shampoo, but it really gets deep and washes away product build up while still allowing your hair to not feel as dry once done. We applied this to the scalp first and then rubbed through the hair so that we can start fresh.
- Deep Condition. We used Coconut Cream Pie Conditioner. This conditioner is excellent for adding moisture and strength. It has silk amino acids in it, which is a light protein. Having this protein adds strength to the hair. Those with high porous hair need protein. The good thing about this conditioner is that you can use it every week and will not have to worry about hair becoming hard and brittle from protein overload. It has just enough to do the trick, but not too much to go over board. We allowed this to sit with a plastic cap for about 25 minutes.
- Leave-in and styler. Of course we used Chocolate Souffle Leave in. Her hair was already sectioned in 4 and so we added it to each section, we then applied the styler on top of the leave in, the Buttermint Smoothie Moisturizing Cream. Some may say, well it is a moisturizer, why are you styling with that? Although it is a very good every day moisturizer it can be used to style the hair when you want soft fluffy curls. We also applied a small amount of Genesis Butter to her ends, just for added moisture. Adding the Genesis can sometimes be overkill if your texture is a certain type. But when your hair is really dry, this butter will come in handy, especially on those cold winter days.
- Style. After product was applied and each section was rolled up (this keep each section moist while it awaits its turn to be done) we then flat twist and use the small rod rollers to roll the ends (this gives the ends a little more curl to it, and it helps to curl the straight pieces that has heat damage).
We did this during the evening and so we sent her home so that it can have a sufficient amount of time to dry ( If you take it out while it is still damp, the curls will come out frizzy). We knew we would see her the next day and so we told her how to take them out and she did a great job. We fluffed a little bit more and we took a couple of shots of her. We really enjoyed doing her hair and showing her the proper techniques in doing it. She said she loved it and loved the way her hair felt. She bought a sample box from us that day and ran out of the Lovely Curl Spray, cause we told her she had to start doing the maintenance twist. She ran out after a week and she drove 40 minutes to us just to get some of that and the Sweet- P Pudding. She said it made her hair feel amazing. Of course we were very pleased.
Until next time!
Looking for More Great Hair Tips?
If you enjoy reading and educating yourself about your hair and getting great tips about how to take care of your hair so that you can make everyday a great hair day then you must check out our hair tip guide vault filled with all sorts of information top tips that will make you a hair guru.