- Go through your moisture rich wash regimen. You don’t have to go all out since you are not flat ironing. But do, pretreat, wash with cleanser, and deep condition.
- Apply a strengthener. Once you wash out your deep conditioner you would want to reach for Sweet Velvet Protein Elixir. Applying this before your leave-in allows the protein to really bond to the strands and give you that extra strengthening that you need once it is time to blow dry.
- Apply Leave in. Apply Chocolate Souffle leave in to really give your hair the moisture that it needs. This thick decadent leave in will make sure that your hair will not dry out during blow drying.
- Apply moisturizer. This can be the Genesis butter or Buttermint Smoothie, but this step will seal in all the moisture and make sure your hair is soft and moisturized.
- Twist hair in 4-6 twist and allow to completely air dry. This step is very important. Many will blow dry on wet, damp, to semi damp hair, but allowing your hair to completely dry first allows all of the moisture and richness that you have just put in absorb into your strands leaving them very hydrated.
- Apply oil to scalp. Once hair has dried apply a small amount of Spring Sensation to your scalp. This will protect your scalp from getting dried out when you blow dry which in turn will prevent dandruff and itching.
- Blow dry on dry hair. Reach for the Sweet Velvet Protein Elixir again and apply to each section before blow drying (heat protectant). Be sure to have the blow drier on low. Since your hair is already dry their is no need to dry it on high. Also, since your hair is dry and detangled before you blow dry it, it minimizes the pulling and tugging on your hair, which causes breaks and split ends. I choose not to blow dry my ends just because you don’t want them to dry out. They will dry out faster since they are the ends.
Until next time, be well and be happy!
Looking for More Great Hair Tips?
If you enjoy reading and educating yourself about your hair and getting great tips about how to take care of your hair so that you can make everyday a great hair day then you must check out our hair tip guide vault filled with all sorts of information top tips that will make you a hair guru.