My winter and summer routine are different, but for all intents and purposes I will just share my winter routine. I want to note that I use all of EverButter products and rarely do I use anything else. But, to give my hair a break from the norm I do use and purchase only one brand that I been using since I started my natural hair journey. I use that about once a month.
- I pre treat my hair with Sweet P. (Due to the cold air my hair has been more difficult to keep soft and moisturized. Therefore I added a pretreatment to my routine. This will add more moisture to my hair before washing, detangle, help to lift dry scalp and dirt from the scalp, and strengthen my strands). I took down my hair from my week protective style, parted it in 4, lightly misted each section with only water and smoothed each section with the Sweet P, scalp and hair. I ran my fingers through each section after product application, lightly detangling, twisted each section and applied cap.
- After having the pretreatment in for about 15-20 minutes I washed with our Divine Elegance Co Wash. (Shhhh, don’t tell anyone that I told you we have a new product) So my scalp has been really dry and flaky . I noticed this in December, and so I traded in my Shampoo for the Co-wash, and it has been doing wonders for my scalp.
- I then moved onto the deep conditioner. I most of the time add Spring sensation Oil before this step, and once it has sat in my hair, I rinse and add the conditioner, but since I need a little more moisture, I added the oil to my deep conditioner. I let the Coconut Cream Pie sit for 30 minutes with a plastic cap, I then removed it and applied my oil to the scalp and ends and put the cap on for an additional 15 minutes, and I proceeded to rinse.
- Once my hair has been fully rinsed from the deep conditioner I lightly wrap a t shirt around my hair, just getting the excess water, but allowing my hair to still be fully wet. I then proceed to section hair in 4 and apply Chocolate Souffle Leave in to each section. Leave in Conditioners usually go on better when hair is wet, not damp, and you don’t have to add as much of hair is wet. Once leave in is applied to each section I twist and allow hair to dry a bit before adding my stylers. ( I do this because cremes goes applies better when hair is damp)
- Once hair is not as wet, I untwist section by section applying the Buttermint Smoothie and then Genesis and style as desired.