7 Tips on Protective Styling Your Natural Hair This Summer
Although protective styles are awesome and sometimes can be beneficial, most of the time we end up doing more damage than good. So here are a few tips for preventing the damage.
- Prep the hair before protective styling; Clarify the scalp and hair, deep condition, Protein treat and moisturize.
- Do not press, blow dry, dye the hair or anything of the sorts before protective styling. This weakens the hair and therefore will cause breakage.
- Go to a trained stylist that will care for your hair, meaning they will not install the weave too tight causing tension on the scalp, which in turn will pull the hair out at the root.
- Do not keep the hairstyle in for more than 4 weeks. The hair begins to weaken at this point and keeping it in longer will cause more breakage and fall out.
- Keep the scalp and hair moisturized while in a protective style. Using a spray and or oil will help. Our Lovely Curl Spray and Spring Sensation oil are great for protective styles.
- Wait 2 weeks before going back into another style.
- Post-treatment. Be sure to take care of the hair after protective style comes out; Pre-treat, Mild cleanser, deep condition, protein treatment, moisturize.
EverButter Product Recommendations for protective Styling:
- Sweet Velvet Strengthening Mist - Protein Elixir - Hot Oil Treatment & Protein Treatment in one product
- Honey Dew Hydrator - Deep Conditioning Masque
- Lovely Curl Moisturizing Spray
- Spring Sensation Oil
This concludes the tips and I do hope this helps.
If you have any questions about tips in this blog, be sure to comment below and I will be sure to answer.